WFA is governed by a Board, which is responsible for making WFA policy and overseeing its implementation. The Board is chaired by the President.
WFA's three Winemakers Membership Categories – Large, Medium and Small – each have their own Membership Committees and nominate representatives to the Board.
In addition, the Board is advised by the following committees and sub-committees:
- Wine Industry National Environment Committee
- Innovation Policy Committee
- Packaging Committee
- Wine Industry Technical Advisory Committee
- National Viticulture Biosecurity Committee
- Wine Industry Market Access Group
WFA members have the opportunity to nominate for a position on their relevant Membership Committee, and in turn are eligible for nomination to the Board.